Universal City, CA, USA
Job Description Summary:
Universal Brand Development globally drives expansion of the company's intellectual properties, franchises, characters and stories through innovative physical and digital products, content, and consumer experiences. Along with franchise brand management, Universal Brand Development's core businesses include Consumer Products and Games and Digital Platforms based on the company's extensive portfolio of intellectual properties created by Universal Pictures, Illumination and DreamWorks Animation. Universal Brand Development is part of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. www.universalbranddevelopment.com.
Universal Brand Development’s Retail Management team drives the global vision and strategic development and execution of our retail strategy and marketing plans to cultivate brand growth and drive revenue throughout retail. We are a team of makers, thinkers, leaders and rebels whose passion is to ignite ideas every day, in a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusivity, creativity, fresh thinking, executional excellence and each other.
eCommerce Retail Development is a function of the Retail Management team and is responsible for developing, executing eCommerce retail strategies for retailers in the US and Canada. The eCommerce Manager role will report to the North America eCommerce Sr. Director.
- Manage eCommerce Softlines category development plans for NBCUniversal’s Entertainment Brands such as Jurassic World, Trolls, and Minions for key retailers such as but not limited to Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Target.com
- Develop strategic licensee partner and selection strategy for Print-on-Demand, Merch-on-Demand and Direct Source to tackle emerging eCommerce business models
- Partner with Data Analytics team to develop eCommerce specific reporting for sales and marketing to measure KPI’s and develop strategic plans to capture relevant share
- Partner with Retail Marketing team to develop comprehensive digital marketing plans to drive brand awareness, traffic and conversion
- Maintain current knowledge of retail industry, eCommerce channel and customer insights to identify strategic trends and opportunities to identify new, innovative business models
- Be an eCommerce subject-matter expert for internal and external licensee partners; educate on product listing, conversion rate, optimization and search rank improvement
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business, Marketing, or Management & Entrepreneurship)
• 5+ years of eCommerce experience, ideally in a vendor management, business intelligence or program management role
• Proficient in Excel
• Skilled in Keynote and PowerPoint
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• eCommerce skill set in multiple disciplines including selection and inventory planning, digital marketing, eCommerce operations (supply chain & logistics) and P&L management
• Experience with search optimization, maximizing digital marketing ROAS and eCommerce UX
• Experience in social commerce is a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Your application has been successfully submitted.