Growth Conversion Manager
Mountain View, CA, USA
We are a profitable, fast growing technology company on a mission to make education accessible. Our focus is to simplify and accelerate learning and help people unlock opportunities for a better future.
Study helps over 30 million students and teachers each month improve grades, gain career skills and earn college credit through our video-based micro-learning platform.
We've built our platform from the ground up, leveraging data and technology to make the entire learning process simple and engaging.
As a fast growing, independent company, our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results. We are looking for passionate, talented individuals to join our team, so we can have an even bigger impact towards our mission.
We are located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves as part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we continue to generate profits, we give back to the community through our Working Scholars scholarship program that helps hundreds of low-income workers in the Bay Area earn a bachelor's degree at no cost and achieve economic and career mobility.
We also donate to charitable organizations that help provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Study was recently ranked as an Inc. Best Place to Work! Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Growth Conversion Manager Position
Study is looking for a talented individual that will lead on-site conversion and funnel testing across the site. With over 40M visitors coming from organic, paid and owned channels, Study attracts a wide variety of users with diverse academic needs.
The Growth Conversion Manager will have the opportunity to craft experiences to capture this inbound traffic and optimize the funnel.
This role will partner closely with product, engineering, BI and content to drive new customer acquisition and support with implementing membership retention strategies.
As a member of the Growth team, this role will be exposed to all types of traffic (organic, paid and owned) and will have the opportunity to support and build expertise across omni-channel efforts.
- Define and optimize conversion funnels to drive measurable increase in conversion rates and revenue across B2C and B2B segments
- Develop strong segment knowledge to support with on-site / platform retention strategies
- Generate new creative ideas that are routed in quantitative and qualitative research. Partnering with user research and assisting with research to help drive hypotheses for testing
- Work with cross functional teams to lead creative brainstorm sessions and develop seasonal roadmaps for on-going A / B testing across the site.
- Manipulate large data sets in Excel to create data driven hypothesis. Strong analytical skills is required to fulfill this role.
- Plan, implement and prioritize multivariate (A / B / n) testing at scale
- Design electronic / paper mock-ups and wireframes
- Create and proofread creative web copy
- Manage all conversion projects and prepare a regular company-wide meeting to report progress, findings and new ideas
- Detailed analysis of web analytics with our business intelligence team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5+ years' experience with website / web conversion optimization
- Proven track record of improving digital conversion rate and customer retention through multivariate, A / B testing
- Experience with direct response copy writing
- Strong analytical skills and advanced Excel expertise. You can analyze large data sets and understand the conversion funnel to run tests that will improve performance
- Ability to analyze and build reports and synthesize metrics into tactical recommendations
- Energetic with a high attention to detail
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams
- Willingness to learn new skills in a fast-paced environment
- SQL experience desired but not required
Other Possible Titles
- Growth Conversion Specialist
- Conversion Optimization Manger
- Performance & Conversion Marketer
Why work for Study?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Join a profitable and financially stable company
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 30+ million students and teachers each month
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- 20 days of flexible paid time off annually (increases to 30 days over 5 years)
- Additional 10 paid holidays annually
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Fully subsidized Caltrain pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Company sponsored gym memberships
- Happy hours and many fun company events to celebrate accomplishments
Study provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status.
In addition to federal law requirements, Study complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.