Conversion Rate Optimization Contractor
Chicago, IL, USA
This is a freelance role about 30 - 50 hours per month.
Marcel Digital is an award winning digital marketing and web development agency established in 2003 located in the River North neighborhood of downtown Chicago.
We establish ourselves as trusted business partners to our clients, and bring transparency to their digital marketing solutions.
We are a family of A players who behave more like a consultancy than an agency, and are focused on helping our clients achieve their most important business goals.
We are currently looking for a Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Specialist to be a leader on our CRO team.
What does a Marcel Digital CRO Specialist Do?
The Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Specialist is responsible for guiding the strategic success and tactical implementation of our clients'™ Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) campaigns.
They will provide leadership and experience in helping to architect the ideal site experience using A B and Multivariate testing, general UX consulting, and continuous website optimization.
We are looking for someone with experience taking a hypothesis-driven, data-centric approach with websites to improve the metrics that matter most to our clients : Revenue, ROI, and Conversion Rate.
You should have an understanding and hands-on experience with A B and Multivariate testing, Split Testing, Website Analytics (Google Analytics, Hotjar, etc) and a systematic approach to arrive to a final experience that drives results, namely client revenue.
You will be working alongside a team of in-house account managers, designers and developers to carry out CRO campaigns for our clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Own the CRO strategy from ideation to execution, reporting, and analysis for a variety of Marcel's clients
- Help create and improve processes and methodologies and strategic consulting on Marcel's CRO product strategy and roadmap.
- Develop partnerships with vendors and CRO tool companies.
- Work in tight collaboration with Development, Paid, Design, and SEO teams to ensure services are not siloed.
- Provide talking points and pre-sale insights to sales team for prospective clients.
- Keep informed of new products, tools, trends, resources and services and educate fellow employees.
- Provide reporting to Account Managers and clients on progress, recommendations, and results.
- Take action on key metrics and KPIs, through continuous website testing and user experience improvements.
- Convert qualitative and quantitative data into prioritized testing & optimization brilliance.
- Develop test plans & campaign requirements to be implemented by our design & technical teams.
- Evaluate and improve on the effectiveness of campaigns through data-driven strategy and KPI focused analysis.
- Consider and make recommendations on on-going education and training opportunities.
- Create and execute deliverables including : website audits, user journeys, heuristic reviews, wireframes, information architecture, task flows, user scenarios and persona development.
Key Qualifications :
- A sound understanding of the digital marketing landscape.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in a CRO / UX or website testing role. Preferably in agency setting but inhouse is ok too.
- Strong knowledge of one or more testing platforms (e.g. VWO, Hotjar, Optimizely, Unbounce, etc.)
- High proficiency in web analytics (Google Analytics preferred)
- A degree in a related field is preferred but not required (Digital Marketing, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Information Science, etc).
- Experience reporting on success / failure results of optimization efforts
- Familiarity with conducting CRO audits across platforms, devices, and channels
- Advanced skills creating wireframes and functional / interaction specifications
- Ability to communicate to both technical and non technical team members and clients in a clear and concise way.
- Social Media experience is a plus.
- Copywriting experience is a plus.
- Experience in Adwords or other paid platforms is a plus.
What does Marcel Digital Offer In Return?
Summary of the freelance relationship
In exchange for your contributions, Marcel offers competitive pay, and an opportunity to work on great projects with a supportive team that will challenge you to be your best.
We are looking for you to be bold and want you to contribute your great ideas. When you are at the office you can expect a casual, laid back and fun work environment.
We have a friendly and transparent hiring process! Apply today and please remember to provide samples of your work.
If you are a problem solver that will not settle for 'good enough' and want to work with like minded individuals in an environment that allows you excellent opportunities to learn and grow in an ever changing field, we are interested in hearing from you. Apply today!
Your application has been successfully submitted.