Associate Director, Digital Experimentation & Optimization - Neuroscience
Boston, MA, USA
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director, Digital Experimentation & Optimization in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As an Associate Director, Digital Experimentation & Optimization working on the Multichannel Marketing team, you will be empowered to drive digital marketing Test & Learn experiments, as well as the implementation of conversion rate optimization and to develop usage of tech product suite behind testing and optimization. You will support existing technology integrations and enable personalization and testing at scale. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by having the opportunity to define the strategies and drive implementation of exceptional customer digital experiences.
A typical day will include:
- Lead the design (incl. data-driven hypothesis generation), analysis, and interpretation of experiments that shape decision-making around multichannel marketing
- Identify gaps in Takeda’s digital marketing strategies and operations, then find innovative cross-channel solutions to improve our marketing capabilities. Establish learning agendas, measurement plans and success metrics in close coordination with Campaign Planning, Marketing Excellence and Field Excellence teams and stakeholders
- Set a strategic framework to identify and prioritize new projects by evaluating and forecasting their potential for growth impact
- Drive innovation by developing new experimentation methodologies that could sharpen our marketing decision-making process
- Cross department collaboration to align on testing strategy and upcoming initiatives
- Interface with Data & Analytics team for Test & Learn to maintain and improve marketing data lakes
- Maintain documentation around experimentation use cases and their impact on the customer experience and the business
- Provide optimization recommendations for marketing campaigns, improve our marketing effectiveness and customer experience through experimentation, and communicate insights across the organization
- Develop data-informed testing/personalization strategies to improve customer experiences and drive positive KPI growth by leveraging A/B test results and other inputs.
- Identify and recommend industry and internal best practices to build organizational capabilities
- Lead and coach Experimentation and Optimization Manager on how to craft hypotheses, validate assumptions, optimize experiences, and measure the impact
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision making across the organization that encourages validating or disproving assumptions about how we believe customers may react to various scenarios.
- Translate data into stories that include actionable insights
Education, Behavioral Competencies and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, digital marketing or computer science, MBA or PMP preferred.
- Training and leading team using Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Management consulting and client services background is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a track record of leveraging data, including that of tests, to influence business decisions
- Ability to independently communicate analyses to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Exemplary planning, communication and organizational skills
- Minimum 7 years industry experience with increasing responsibilities in sales, brand and/or digital marketing or related commercial functions
- 5+ years of experience optimizing digital experiences and driving engagement
- Passion for translating business objectives into actionable analyses and results into business and product recommendations
- Good understanding of digital media (social, search, display)
- Experience with experimentation tools like Adobe Target, Optimizely or VWO (or an equivalent proprietary/in-house solution)
- Familiarity with marketing tracking platforms (e.g. Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics)
- Data visualization skills (e.g. Tableau)
- Exemplary planning, communication and organizational skills
- Broad knowledge of the marketing technology space
- Experience working on cross functional teams with multiple stakeholders
- Analytical mindset to generate insights from data and create a hypothesis for constant and fast iteration testing
- Presentation skills to showcase learnings and results and gain stakeholder buy-in
- Experience in healthcare, consumer packaged goods, financial services, or at a digital agency
- Be a team player, that is readily willing to help peers in a fast-paced environment
- People mentorship and management experience is required
- Work with a sense of ownership and urgency, and advocate for experimentation based, agile culture
- Lead with a growth mindset and a curiosity to learn while embracing diversity
- Industry knowledge – understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory landscape preferred; Or, experience in working in regulated environments
- Product knowledge – ability to quickly learn products and brand strategies and tie to patient journey
- Communication – ability to communicate ideas, data both verbally and written, in a persuasive and appropriate manner
- Budgeting – manage expenses and analytics with vendors
- Management – ability to set priorities, develop workflow processes, and direct vendors and people as necessary
- Able to sit for long periods at a desk
- Able to read and review large quantities of printed material or online material
- Travel to internal and external meetings including overnights and weekends will be required, estimated up to 15% travel.
What Takeda Can Offer You:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Your application has been successfully submitted.